Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd recently introduced the world’s first vertical stage performance, featuring Mabel at the grand opening of Samsung KX in London. The new destination experience is the latest in culture and innovation.
Celebrating 50 years of innovation by showcasing a glimpse into how we could live in the future, the new space offers guests a taste of a fully connected lifestyle with a range of experiences featuring cutting-edge technology. From fashion and fitness to science and street dance, local thought leaders gathered in Samsung KX to mark the official launch with a conference that crowned creativity in London.
Exploring futuristic trends, research shows that 94% of smartphone users are now engaging with their devices vertically, while 79% find vertical videos the most interesting. As a result, Samsung KX concluded the launch celebrations by creating the ultimate vertical stage performance both on and off screen, optimized for the crowd to capture and share instantly across social media.
The first-of-its-kind set has a stacked three-story stage more than 9 meters high, allowing all elements of the performance to be seen and heard in a vertical symphony. Pop and R&B star, Mabel, who is local to King’s Cross, performed with her band, DJ and dancers across multiple levels.
The vertical stage performance took place in Coal Drops Yard, home to the newly opened 22,000-square-foot Samsung KX experience space – a place of discovery for those living in and visiting London. The new destination serves as an example of an innovative multi-sensory experience. This event is the first of many to be held at the space.
Highlights of the evening included:
- Global music act: A performance from pop and R&B star, Mabel, best known for her hits ‘Don’t Call Me Up’ and ‘Mad Love’
- State-of-the-art three-story, vertical stage towering 9.1 meters: A bespoke stage located under the kissing point of Coal Drops Yard, perfect for that Instagram story shot
- Innovation conference: A panel of experts all reflecting on how community, tenacity and empowerment has helped shape their careers in the capital and how to adapt for the future
- Complete audio-visual experience:A light show of LED panels lining the exterior of the unique building that pulses to the beat of the music
- Audience of 2,000 people: Londoners at the free exclusive performance, which Samsung KX hosted
To learn more, visit Samsung KX at London’s Coal Drops Yard, or online at www.samsung.com/uk/kx.